The start date for the upcoming 6-week Commercial Kitchen Basics training program has been pushed back one week. The first day of class will now be Monday, February 2nd from 10am-2pm at Tukwila Community Center.
Enrollment will remain open until Friday, January 30th. Please contact Project Feast at (206) 249-9848 if you are interested in taking the class, or you have any questions about the changes to the schedule.
FOOD HANDLER PERMIT CLASSES
- These classes are designed to help refugees and immigrants (non-native English speakers) understand important information regarding food safety and kitchen hygiene
- Project Feast will teach safe food handling and help you take the test to receive your Food Handler Permit
- This permit is necessary to get any job in the food industry in Washington State
- It costs $10 to take the test online. If you are a refugee or immigrant the cost will be $5. Please bring cash with you when you come to class
Wednesday, January 7th ~ 11:30-2:00pm at Angle Lake Family Resource Center in Seatac. Class is held in partnership with Lutheran Community Services NW.
Wednesday, January 14th ~ 10:00am-1:00pm at Tukwila Community Center. To register please call the front desk at TCC at (206) 768-2822.
Wednesday, January 28th ~ 2:00pm-5:00pm at Greenbridge YWCA in White Center.
COMMERCIAL KITCHEN BASICS
* New Start Date: Monday, February 2nd – March 11th 2015
- FREE 6-week training program for refugees and immigrants at Tukwila Community Center
- Tukwila Community Center ~12424 42nd South ~ Tukwila, WA 98161
- To sign up you must be a refugee or immigrant with an ESL level of 2 or higher
- Classes will be held 2 times per week: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 AM to 2 PM
- 12 classes total and 100% attendance required to graduate
- Learn the basic kitchen skills needed to get a job in the food industry:
- Knife skills
- Cooking techniques
- Measuring ingredients and planning ahead
- Reading and writing a recipe, creating a menu
- Kitchen safety, and important kitchen vocabulary
- Upon completion of this program, graduates can work with Project Feast’s catering business as paid cooks, be hired to teach community cooking classes with Project Feast, join our 5-month paid Apprenticeship Program, or get help with job placement in other positions in the food industry
- To sign up call Project Feast and schedule a meeting. There are spots for 8 students per training program
The LAST day to sign up will be January 22nd, 2015
If you have any questions please contact Project Feast at email@example.com or 206-484-0699